This summer I went to Las Vegas for my brother's wedding. Honestly, the only things I really worried about taking on the trip were my dress for the reception, and my camera. On the plane ride to Nevada, I sat by another photographer! We talked the whole flight about her professional photographer career, and dreams that we had, and just getting to know each other generally. Talking to her really inspired me to keep working and having fun with photography. [[Shout out to Karen! Mahalo! www.karentabaranza.com]]
I really wanted to experiment with the lights of the Vegas strip, which turned out kinda cool but I realized the city is just too crazy for me.
I definitely wanted some good pictures of the desert. We only had a few days, so I had to be very dedicated. We took the short drive up to St. George, Utah and I sat in the car marveling at the desert beauty.
It's completely different from the tropical lusts here on the islands. I was now looking at a red, orange, and brown world.
On one side of the highway the sun was setting, silhouetting the mountain range. On the other side was a big white moon, rising over the red desert.




4 comments:
Hi Ku'ulei! Found my way over here through Ashleigh's blogroll. Lovin the pics, keep them coming! I am the ultimate blog lurker...one of these days I'm going to have to start my own. ;)
Next place to travel.... GUATEMALA!!!
KUUUULEI! I didnt know you had a blog! I want to go to Africa too. Let's go together!
Six weeks?! Come on. You can post more often than that :)
Post a Comment